It depends if the DWDM gear is purely L1 or if it is doing OTN switching (it
will be doing OTN if you are mapping 1 or more lower rate client side signals
into 1 or more higher rate line side signals).  The latter deals with framing
and would have MTU limits.  The former would have a 1:1 mapping from each
client side wave to a each line side wave.