This is from an industry perspective and not specific to Juniper.  BIER won't
really  happen without hardware support which is coming but will not be
compatible with a lot of already deployed hardware.

There was some IETF work going on to figure out how to map multicast to SR-MPLS
but it kind of died off last year.

TreeSID is more of a Cisco solution, and relies on an external PCE to build the
multicast tree at every branch point across an SR-enabled network.

Near-term mLDP specifically for multicast, without unicast enabled, is a
solution.  Ingress replication is becoming a bit more popular as multicast as
an overall percentage of traffic has continued to drop.

Phil

´╗┐On 7/12/18, 6:43 AM, "juniper-nsp on behalf of Jackson, William"
<juniper-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net on behalf of william.jack...@gibtele.com>
wrote:

    So just to throw a question out there:

    When I last looked at SR this was a big empty hole when it came to
multicast.
    As we are possibly removing mLDP and RSVP from the network in favour of
SR(-TE) what are people doing to fill this void.

    There were some drafts being worked on last year and if I recall one that
seemed more "developed" was "Bit Index Explicit Replication", but I haven't
heard anything more about this topic and it hasn't been mentioned in the thread
so far.

    Any comments?

    Thanks