On Fri, 29 Jun 2018, Rob Foehl wrote:

I may have been insufficiently specific...  I'm referring to:

group example {
    neighbor 192.0.2.0;
    neighbor 2001:db8::;
}
vs.

group example-ipv4 {
    neighbor 192.0.2.0;
}
group example-ipv6 {
    neighbor 2001:db8::;
}

Hey folks,

Appreciate all the responses here, even those which apparently assumed I'd been bored and daydreaming about trying to wedge both address families into a single session -- hopefully the six week late reply is sufficient proof otherwise... :)

I have a few follow up questions on related topics, especially for those in favor of separate peer groups:

Are you doing anything differently in your IGP? (Okay, a bit of a loaded question, I know...) What about LDP and/or RSVP transport?

How are you handling v6 TE -- nothing yet, 6PE, inet6 shortcuts, native v6 LSPs, waiting for SR to take over the world, something else? Which Junos release(s) were necessary to get there?

I'm still carrying v6 traffic around natively, though not sure how much longer that'll be workable. 6PE seems like a step backward when the network is already 100% v6 enabled, but then I haven't quite wrapped my head around all of the options here... Thanks in advance for any clue.

-Rob