I wanted to share some thoughts and new experiences with you all,

I've been learning evpn in the lab in preparation for using it to connect a
couple data centers.  I think this would be known as evpn-mpls (and not
evpn-vxlan, as I've heard "evpn-vxlan" mentioned in the same breath over and
over and over again in video's, conferences, etc. I began thinking evpn
didn't exist apart from the acronym "vxlan" but I'm pretty sure I understand
that vxlan is only one of a few different data planes that evpn can make use
of.. mpls, pbb, vxlan)

I think the evpn flavor I'm working with is known as "vlan-aware bundle
service" where you use routing-instance instance-type virtual-switch with
subordinate bridge-domains.I've also followed a book I was reading and added
a routing-instance instance-type vrf with the irb inside both routing
instances (this irb seems to be an integral part of the "glue" that
integrates these two instances together)

On the PE-CE edge interface, where mac addresses are traditionally learned,
I'm blown away at how evpn-learned mac addresses are automatically copied
into the vrf routing table as /32's and then of course once there, auto
exported using basic vrf route-targets. then the remote vrf-only pe's have a
/32 absolute way back to the host at the exact dc evpn pe where it was
advertised.

.I've read something about this a few times, but to see how it works is
eye-opening.

I have more to learn I'm sure.  If you have anything to add, I'm all ears
..or, eyes, you know : )

-Aaron