Min – That makes sense, though I'm wary to put in the work to do that for
each student, or to figure out how to do it in a quick way for all students
at once. For now I think I will just tell them how to view it themselves
since I'm already putting in a lot of time on other things for this class!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Doug – What you say about nbgrader is my use case, in fact. I have the
feedback moved over to the student directories, but it is there just as
html files, not listed in notebooks.

Thanks again,
Kristen

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Doug Blank <doug.bl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM, MinRK <benjami...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We’ve been thinking of separate ‘edit’ and ‘view’ links from the tree
>> view, which would do this explicitly, but coming up with the UI for two
>> links instead of one has prevented anyone from actually making the PR. The
>> upcoming JupyterLab has an “Open With…” that makes this sort of thing much
>> easier.
>>
>> One workaround you can have is to have relative links to the html files
>> in notebooks with relative URLs, which will resolve to the /files/
>> version, e.g.
>>
>> [link text](relative/myfile.html)
>>
>> -MinRK
>>
> Min, does this have an issue associated? I'd love to see this bumped up in
> priority so that a UI could be proposed and implemented. This is a hurdle
> for those that would like to use Jupyter to cover HTML in an educational
> setting, especially in a Digital Humanities-oriented course. It is also a
> problem when trying to return feedback to students from nbgrader. (Nbgrader
> produces HTML, but there is no easy way for the students to render it even
> if you copy it into their folders on Jupyterhub.)
>
> Regarding a UI: it seems like it would be easy to put two additional
> buttons next to [Rename][Duplicate] when a file is selected. I imagine
> [View] and [Edit].
>
> -Doug
>
>
>
>> ​
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Kristen Thyng <kth...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi! When I have an html file in a directory that my jupyter server can
>>> see, it shows up as editable. I found on the interne
>>> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33620636/how-can-i-render-html-in-a-jupyter-notebook>t
>>> that you can get it to show up as rendered by replacing "edit" in the url
>>> with "files", and it works beautifully. While this is a very easy
>>> workaround, any chance this could happen by default, with maybe something
>>> like the "raw" option on github in case you actually want to see the
>>> unrendered html?
>>>
>>> So you can the html file url from:
>>>
>>> myhtmlfile/edit/file.html
>>>
>>> to
>>>
>>> myhtmlfile/files/file.html
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Kristen
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Project Jupyter" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to jupyter+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> To post to this group, send email to jupyter@googlegroups.com.
>>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
>>> gid/jupyter/c2d766e8-c225-46e0-8b2b-ba9d656dea19%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/c2d766e8-c225-46e0-8b2b-ba9d656dea19%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Project Jupyter" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to jupyter+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to jupyter@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ms
>> gid/jupyter/CAHNn8BUwH0tNkOneG_H%3D%2ByFCWdwvXzacUwf2gN_88sa
>> i2sgwkw%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/CAHNn8BUwH0tNkOneG_H%3D%2ByFCWdwvXzacUwf2gN_88sai2sgwkw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "Project Jupyter" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> topic/jupyter/bgP6NRmrLcM/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> jupyter+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to jupyter@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> msgid/jupyter/CAAusYCh99ia8QkM9wApZmQrt34QV6FyXSBy0JvZdwWFY-AqHQQ%40mail.
> gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/CAAusYCh99ia8QkM9wApZmQrt34QV6FyXSBy0JvZdwWFY-AqHQQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>



-- 
Kristen M. Thyng
Assistant Research Professor
Department of Oceanography
Texas A&M University
Eller O&M 607
http://kristenthyng.com

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Project Jupyter" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to jupyter+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to jupyter@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/CAMGH-oZzWw9vdU7GXLYGFpO7Gqay73HUvkXyiLhsMys9moet7Q%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to