I was working on writing a script that can test ipython notebooks.

I need to catch the Error that is raised when a cell execution times out
and continue executing the remaining cells. For python 3+, I can simply do
this as:

except TimeoutError as e:

But in python 2.6/2.7, a RuntimeError results (as documented here :

How do I handle this?

In other words, when I see something like
RuntimeError: Cell execution timed out, see log for details.

I should be able to continue executing the cells following the cell causing
the timeout.  (I've tried using *allow_errrors = True, *but that doesn't
seem to help)

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thank you