Haha, we just built something like this last Friday for a workshop we
did at UC Berkeley. I'm going to spend some more time polishing it and
making it better before publishing it. It's called 'nbhistory' - I'll
send a link as soon as I've a vague version up, and would love it for
you to test it up and give feedback!

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Patrick Surry <patr...@hopper.com> wrote:
> One of the great things about Jupyter for data analysis is that it preserves
> the output of each cell within and between sessions as a "historical
> record".
>
> I often find myself copying & pasting a cell to execute with small changes
> and then compare to a previous iteration, either while I'm exploring
> interactively, or because I'm re-running a previous analysis with updated
> data.
>
> In those cases it'd be really handy if you could preserve a few prior
> versions of the output cell, so you could flip back & forth to compare and
> perhaps highlight differences automagically.
>
> Has anyone experimented with anything like that?
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick
>
> --

Yuvi Panda T