On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 8:11:33 PM UTC-5, Fernando Perez wrote:

This is the matplotlib version with manual data assignment, which is
> probably the most efficient you can make something like this without making
> the code a lot uglier and harder to understand.  It's the MPL equivalent of
> what Sylvain did:

Yes, I tried almost exactly this earlier but it didn't seem to work very
well. As it turns out, the issue seems to be browser independent. I'm
working on a Mac that's three years old and everything I've tried with
matplotlib (including Fernando's code) look fairly bad when I interact with
them in Firefox. They look pretty much perfect, when I run them in Chrome,
though.

Thanks to all of you!