I think we are using moment.js. Not sure how I feel about showing
users ISO 8601 formatted datetimes though. It is not a particularly
human friendly datetime format. Maybe having some sort of toggle in
the UI to switch between the moment.js times and a more human friendly
variant of the ISO 8601 information? We aren't alone in using the
moment.js style date/times (GitHub does for everything).

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Milos Miljkovic
<mmiljkovic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I will open an issue. OTOH, I haven't seen the behavior you described
> for the notebook to switch to ISO date when a file is older than certain
> limit.
>
> On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 2:23:37 PM UTC-5, Matthias Bussonnier
> wrote:
>>
>> Probably,
>>
>> If it's using moment.js it's possible, but I haven't touched that part of
>> the code base. We could do something similar as the notebook and switch to
>> iso-date when the file is older than a couple of hours/days.
>> I would suggest opening an issue.
>>
>> On 22 February 2018 at 11:15, Milos Miljkovic <mmiljk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Matthias! Indeed, there's a tooltip if you hover over current
>>> vague time stamp. Is there a way to make this "a xyz ago" malarkey go away
>>> and show what's in the tooltip in its place?

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/41710833-158a-41fa-9acc-2002f1ed1e48%40googlegroups.com.

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/fcbc4bbb-8d0d-453c-97ff-b48c64ae312c%40googlegroups.com.

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
bgran...@calpoly.edu and elliso...@gmail.com