Thanks all very much! Special thanks to takluyver whose sympy packages I
have used from Launchpad earlier. ☺

'pip3 install qtconsole' followed by 'jupyter qtconsole' works fine for me.
I also created the following Jupyter-Console.desktop file and put it in
~/.local/share/applications/ to get it in my KDE apps menu:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Name=Jupyter QtConsole
Comment=Starts the Jupyter QtConsole
Type=Application
Exec=jupyter qtconsole
Icon=/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/qtconsole/resources/icon/JupyterConsole.svg
Categories=Development