Incidentally, you should know that tmpnb is deprecated - the recommended
path forward would be BinderHub (which is basically Jupyterhub+Kubernetes),
but using Jupyterhub with the tmpauthenticator plugin would also be an
option.

See README here: https://github.com/jupyter/tmpnb

Although it sounded like the original poster really just wanted to run
nbconvert behind a web app.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 1:23 AM, <eddiemp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> Did you succeed on this? Can you share a template or something?
>
> On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 6:04:48 PM UTC+2, Philip Matheson wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Thomas this helped a lot. I don't think I need a whole new
>> interface but I found a reference to tmpnb on that page which got me
>> wondering, should use that instead of JupyterHub?
>>
>> My use case will be pretty simple . Users will login to an existing
>> website where they have a profile. Part of that profile will be a list of
>> notebooks they have created. Clicking on a notebook will render the html
>> output of nbconvert.
>>
>> I think I understand how all of that will work...
>>
>> The create/edit functionality should be something like :
>>
>> User clicks on button to create/edit a notebook. The user is
>> authenticated. The notebook app is launched in a new window with a subset
>> of functionality and some ability to upload data.
>>
>> tmpnb seems like a nice approach b/c the notebook container is
>> automatically created and destroyed when it's not being used. I'm not sure
>> about how well it handles the authentication piece though.
>>
>> Maybe some one could give me a rundown of the difference between tmpnb
>> and  JupyterHub? I'm not finding much info on this subject.
>>
>> Thanks again!
>>
>> -phil

>>> It depends quite a bit on how much of Jupyter you want to embed - do you
>>> want to make your own interface that talks to Jupyter kernels? Or embed
>>> notebooks into your own website?
>>>
>>> Thebe is an example of talking to Jupyter kernels from a different web
>>> interface:
>>> https://oreillymedia.github.io/thebe/
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>
>> --
> msgid/jupyter/82871f8e-538f-486b-83a6-dfea7d549d6f%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jupyter/82871f8e-538f-486b-83a6-dfea7d549d6f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Michael Milligan, Ph.D.         | Supercomputing Institute
Assistant Director for          | University of Minnesota
   Application Development      | milli...@umn.edu
www.msi.umn.edu/staff/milligan  | Phone: 612-624-8857