You can also try using the keyboard shortcuts documented at
https://github.com/jupyterlab/jupyterlab/issues/1146#issuecomment-394686488
(which I think are similar to the ones documented for Visual Studio Code at
https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/integrated-terminal#_copy-paste).
Apparently it depends (currently) on the platform you are running the
jupyter lab application on.

Jason