Greetings, all.

[I'm finally responding to a thread from December...!]

On 5 Dec 2018, at 11:06, MinRK wrote:

A user can put CSS overrides in ~/.jupyter/custom/custom.css for notebook classic or create a theme for jupyterlab. Documenting accessibility issues an opening an Issue on GitHub about them and what can be done to improve them would be hugely helpful (or even better, pull requests!), especially
on the jupyterlab repo.

Many thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't seem to be working for me, however.

I've tried putting some simple CSS (just 'body { background-color: #00f; font-size: 32pt; }') into

  1. ~/.jupyter/custom/custom.css
  2. ~/.jupyter/profile/static/custom/custom.css and
  3. ~/.ipython/profile_default/static/custom/custom.css

but none of them seem to have an effect.

(2) is as suggested by https://server/user/ME/custom/custom.css (which is what appears to be the custom-CSS URL being loaded by the JupyterHub front page, based on the presence of <link rel="stylesheet" href="/user/ME/custom/custom.css" type="text/css"/>).

(3) is as suggested by <https://sherif.io/2016/01/11/theming-ipython-jupyter-notebook.html> as the deprecated/old location, which I thought was worth a try.

I'm using

% jupyter --version
4.3.0
% ipython --version
6.2.1

(by the way: is there any way I can get those version numbers from the Jupyter web page, just to be sure I'm not suffering version-skew problems?)

I've grepped through the JupyterHub code as retrieved from <https://github.com/jupyterhub/jupyterhub>, but can't spot anything obviously relevant.

Thanks for any pointers.  Best wishes,

Norman

--