I think this has more to do with network exposure of your container to your
machine unless I am mistaking the question. Jupyter is using a host and
port inside your container that may not map to the same host and port on
your machine.

https://medium.freecodecamp.org/expose-vs-publish-docker-port-commands-explained-simply-434593dbc9a3
is a decent writeout outside of the docker documentation about how this is
set and used.