Hello Praveen,

each user is running their own notebook server(s). You'll have to connect
to each of these servers in turn to query notebook status. But I don't
think your admin token will be accepted by those notebook servers.

You could change the authentication logic of the notebook servers to accept
an admin token. But if you go down that road, it becomes very easy to
inadvertently open up gaping holes in the security architecture. For
example, users could inspect the memory of their own notebook servers to
extract the admin token, and then access other user's notebook servers with
that. You'd have to generate per-user admin tokens in a cryptographically
secure way to prevent that kind of attack. Or use a challenge-response
authentication scheme with asymmetric cryptography.

Unless someone else can point you to an existing API and authentication
architecture that provides what you need, I strongly advise against rolling
your own.

cheers,
  Roland