Hi Jonathan, I went on a bit of a wild goose chase with Voila. While it has
some options that I find superior to appmode, it's just not viable for us
at this point. Or if it is, the documentation simply does not exist to make
it work with our use case.

That said, I'm going to look into your approach using appmode. I've got it
running without the edit button and it looks great. The only thing is, we
do not want end users to be able to navigate to the file browser (let's say
they figure out the correct url suffix) and access the underlying source
code (in some cases this information is a bit sensitive). Does your
approach restrict access to the file browser?