Ah, I think I misunderstood your question. I thought you were talking about
the default folder path for the notebook server, but it seems instead you
are talking about the current working directory of your kernel process?

Can you give us more information? What path is your notebook in and what is
your kernel current working directory, and how might those two paths be
related? Have you reproduced this in a clean environment? What versions of
software are you running?

Thanks,

Jason