I have have a table that is 3 columns wide (this is the number of columns in the row with the largest number of columns as documented in the html spec).
for the first row I have one column span the whole row e.g. <tr><td colspan=3>Header</td></tr>
Now, I understand this is fully supported by jwebunit. However, I can get the same colspan effect in IE by the following html: <tr><td></td></tr> (recall the table is 3 rows wide) and this renders out in IE correctly and everything.
From what I understand, <tr><td></td></tr> is not valid HTML from the spec, and from experience I know that HttpUnit throws a NullPointerException when it encounters a row of this sort.
My question to this jwebunit users is how does jwebunit react when it encounters a table with 3 columns which has a row e.g. <tr><td></td></tr> with only 1 column in it? Does it throw an exception like HttpUnit?
Thank,
Alex.
