Hey, you seem to be an authority on httpunit/jwebunit !! I am just
starting with httpunit so you'll be seeing a lot of my mails. ;-)
I resolved the issue by moving the <SELECT> tag also in the
javascript. So instead of:
<select>
<script>document.write("<option>blah</option>");</script>
</select>
I am now using:
<script>document.write("<select><option>blah</option></select>");</script>
And this time it's working fine. :-)
cheers
nilesh
On 1/25/06, Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ah.. I see that you dynamically generate the contents of the select box.
> I think this is where jwebunit/httpunit go wrong. I doubt they support
> such dynamic markup.
>
> Martijn
>
> Nilesh Trivedi wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is my source file, called "test.jsp":
> >
> > <html>
> > <script language="JavaScript">
> > function getSelectHtml()
> > {
> > var str="";
> > str += "<option value=\"value1\">item1</option>";
> > str += "<option value=\"value2\">item2</option>";
> > return str;
> > }
> > </script>
> > <body>
> > <form id="form1">
> > <select id="customer" name="customer">
> > <script>document.write(getSelectHtml());</script>
> > </select>
> > <input type="submit" value="go" />
> > </form>
> > </body>
> > </html>
> >
> >
> > and here is my jwebunit testing code:
> >
> > public class TestJS extends WebTestCase
> > {
> > public TestJS(String name)
> > {
> > super(name);
> > }
> >
> > public void testNow() throws Exception
> > {
> > beginAt("test.jsp");
> > setWorkingForm("form1");
> > assertElementPresent("customer");
> > setFormElement("customer","item1");
> > return;
> > }
> > }
> >
> > I am getting the following exception on running the testcase:
> >
> > com.meterware.httpunit.IllegalParameterValueException: May not set
> > parameter 'customer' to 'item1'. Value must be one of: { }
> > at
> > com.meterware.httpunit.SelectionFormControl$Options.reportNoMatches(FormControl.java:1197)
> > at
> > com.meterware.httpunit.SelectionFormControl$SingleSelectOptions.claimUniqueValues(FormControl.java:1371)
> > at
> > com.meterware.httpunit.SelectionFormControl$Options.claimUniqueValues(FormControl.java:1189)
> > at
> > com.meterware.httpunit.SelectionFormControl.claimUniqueValue(FormControl.java:1070)
> > at com.meterware.httpunit.FormParameter.setValues
> > (FormParameter.java:90)
> > at com.meterware.httpunit.WebForm.setParameter(WebForm.java:612)
> > at com.meterware.httpunit.WebForm.setParameter(WebForm.java:601)
> > at net.sourceforge.jwebunit.HttpUnitDialog.setFormParameter
> > (HttpUnitDialog.java:299)
> > at
> > net.sourceforge.jwebunit.WebTester.setFormElement(WebTester.java:789)
> > at
> > net.sourceforge.jwebunit.WebTestCase.setFormElement(WebTestCase.java:317)
> > at nuance.mserver.systemanalysis.TestJS.testNow (TestJS.java:18)
> >
> >
> > What I am not able to understand is that why is the array of allowed
> > options is coming as empty "{ }" ??
> >
> > Has anyone faced similar issues before ??
> >
> > Thanks
> > Nilesh
> >
>
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
> for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
> _______________________________________________
> Jwebunit-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jwebunit-users
>
-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid3432&bid#0486&dat1642
_______________________________________________
Jwebunit-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jwebunit-users