Thanks Martijn,

It seems to be exactly what I was looking for. My
searchs on this kind of tool only lead me on
commercial tools, like Mercury QuickTest.
I don't understand why I had never heard of Selenium
before.

Thanks again.

Julien

--- Martijn Dashorst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a
écrit :

> Julien,
> 
> If you have a lot of javascript to test, I think I'd
> better point you
> to Selenium. jWebUnit is pretty ok without
> javascript, but you really
> need to test inside browsers to get it to work.
> 
> Take a look at http://www.openqa.org/selenium
> 
> Martijn
> 
> On 2/10/06, Julien HENRY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new in functional testing. I tried httpunit,
> and
> > it works, but syntax is too verbose.
> > I discovered actiWATE, which is another Java
> testing
> > framework, but with nice functions to make test
> easier
> > to write. But actiWATE is only freeware, not
> > openSource, and as I couldn't manage to make it
> work
> > under Eclipse, I finally found jWebUnit...
> > It's a wonderful project : the power of httpunit
> with
> > the powerful access methods of actiWATE.
> > Thanks guys.
> >
> > I have only some comments :
> >   - the current stable version can't be build with
> > ant, because "doc" directory is spelled "docs" in
> the
> > .zip, and there are missing lib in classpath
> (target
> > javadoc).
> >   - current cvs version don't compile, because of
> > unreported exception.
> >
> > And I have a real problem :
> > In my website, there is lot of javascript. A
> variable
> > called "oSlide" is initialized when page is
> loaded,
> > and use in onClick event of a link.
> > But the httpunit method :
> >   aLink.click();
> > result in exception, telling oSlide was not found.
> >
> > When I was using httpunit alone, the solution I
> found
> > was :
> >   webConversation.sendRequest(aLink.getRequest());
> > I guess it works thanks to Javascript context
> stored
> > in webConversation (or webClient).
> >
> > I try to change the function
> > private void submitRequest(WebLink aLink)
> > in class
> > HttpUnitDialog
> >
> > I replaced :
> > aLink.click();
> > by
> > wc.sendRequest(aLink.getRequest());
> >
> > But I can't now pass some test, that seem to have
> > nothing to do with this function :
> > Testsuite:
> > net.sourceforge.jwebunit.FramesAndWindowsTest
> > Tests run: 8, Failures: 3, Errors: 1, Time
> elapsed:
> > 2,156 sec
> >
> > Testcase:
> >
>
testOpenWindow(net.sourceforge.jwebunit.FramesAndWindowsTest):
> > FAILED
> > Unable to locate window [ChildPage1].
> > ...
> > Testcase:
> >
>
testGreenLink(net.sourceforge.jwebunit.FramesAndWindowsTest):
> > Caused an ERROR
> > com.meterware.httpunit.HttpNotFoundException:
> Error on
> > HTTP request: 404 unable to find /nothing.html
> > ...
> > Testcase:
> >
>
testGotoWindow(net.sourceforge.jwebunit.FramesAndWindowsTest):
> > FAILED
> > Unable to locate window [ChildPage1].
> > ...
> > Testcase:
> >
>
testSwitchWindows(net.sourceforge.jwebunit.FramesAndWindowsTest):
> > FAILED
> > Unable to locate window [ChildPage1].
> > ...
> >
> > Thanks by advance for your help.
> >
> > I'm sorry if it is already fixed in CVS release,
> but
> > as I can't manage to make it compile...
> >
> > Julien
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
___________________________________________________________________________
> > Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo!
> Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour
> appeler la France et l'international.
> > Téléchargez sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com
> >
> >
> >
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> > This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do
> you grep through log files
> > for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> > searching your log files as easy as surfing the 
> web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
> >
>
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
> > _______________________________________________
> > Jwebunit-users mailing list
> > [email protected]
> >
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jwebunit-users
> >
> 
> 
> --
> Living a wicket life...
> 
> Martijn Dashorst -
> http://www.jroller.com/page/dashorst
> 
> Wicket 1.1.1 is out:
> http://wicket.sourceforge.net/wicket-1.1
> 
> 
>
-------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do
> you grep through log files
> for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the 
> web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
>
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid3432&bid#0486&dat1642
> _______________________________________________
> Jwebunit-users mailing list
> [email protected]
>
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jwebunit-users
> 



        

        
                
___________________________________________________________________________ 
Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs 
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.
Téléchargez sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files
for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that makes
searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=103432&bid=230486&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Jwebunit-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jwebunit-users

Reply via email to