Seth

I think that what the OP is looking for is a way to transfer the _mail 
messages_ stored on their phone (which suggests that they are using POP/SMTP 
rather than IMAP), not the _settings_ file (which they have been able to do).

For my configuration (and this may not be the same for everybody else) - a 
rooted Sony Xperia Z Ultra running Android 4.3, the SETTINGS are stored in the 
FILE /sdcard/com.fsck.k9/settings.k9s, whereas the actual mail messages appear 
to be stored in the DIRECTORY /sdcard/Android/data/com.fsck.k9/files

Philip


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
> Behalf Of Seth H Holmes
> Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:45 PM
> To: [email protected]; Tobias Klett
> Subject: Re: [k-9-mail] Re: restore data on a new phone
> 
> On February 11, 2014 9:35:34 AM EST, Tobias Klett <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> 
>       I have the same problems. settings are exported. and i don“t have
> any root rights for my new device
> 
>       Am Montag, 10. Februar 2014 18:46:04 UTC+1 schrieb gilles adlon:
> 
>               hello
>               I have been using K9 for several months now and I would like
> to restore data from my first phone to the new one I have just bought.
>               I can't see where they are . How can I restore these data
> (sent mails essentially) on my new phone ?
>               Thanks in advance for your help!
> 
>               Gilles
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> You don't need root to restore to k9.
> 
> Easiest way I find was to put the exported file on Google Drive then
> import onto the new device directly from drive.
> --
> Seth H Holmes
> Sent from my Nexus 7 with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
> 
> --

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the K-9 Mail Users List.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit 
http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "K-9 
Mail" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to