I just installed k9 because I read k9 can store emails onto the SD card.
However I can't make it work.in the settings I changed the download folder to
storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.fsck.k9 , but k9 cant put the downloads
here. I get error message. In the account settings I use storage location is
external SD card, but k9 keeps on using the internal storage.

I guess it has to do something with the write/ read allowances for the SD card?
In other apps I get a screen where I have to set this before the app is able to
use the SD card. I have a Samsung tablet 2016 with android 6.

Can somebody help me with this?