Sean Greenslade <s...@seangreenslade.com> writes:

> On March 4, 2019 8:07:06 PM PST, Bruce Sherman <brucefrmbk...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>I doubt anyone can help me.. lately having issues no one can solve..
>>
>>i recently upgraded the app to its latest version on my GS9+ running
>>Android 9.0.  When i receive a email from a yahoogroup. i used to see
>>the
>>senders name.  Now i am getting the reply email address.  How do i
>>change
>>it back to the sender's name?  I cant find a setting to adjust.
>>
>>Bruce
>
> Have you tried the setting "Global -> Display -> Show correspondent name" ?

Also, the problem is likely that yahoo is rewriting the sender's
address, and putting something else in the From: field.  You could try
asking them to stop :-) More likely to be successful would be to ask the
group to move to a mail provider that doesn't do this...

But seriously, look at the raw message content.   The From: probably has
something complicated.

I am not sure what I think about the wisdom of k-9 accomodating this
kind of mailing list behavior.