On January 14, 2020 8:22:58 AM HST, Valerio Messina <efa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 01/14/20 18:20, Iolo and Peibyn wrote:
>> You can find a little more information here:
>>
>https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-mail-from-your-email-app
>>

>> So I have just posted a request in the K-9 Developers group, asking
>them
>> to update K-9 so that it can still be used.  Creating this brilliant
>app
>> involved an enormous amount of work: it only needs a little more to
>keep
>> it going.
>>
>> Hoping for a positive response from someone here.
>
>K9 mail is not listed neither in supported and unsupported app.
>Neither Thunderbird is listed there, so you can understand how much
>that provider is tech aware.

Better than our ISP. They only support their own webmail. Called them once,
they hadn't even heard of Thunderbird - which has far more users than our ISPs
entire subscriber list.

>Anyway what they are asking is the support of SSL, K9 support SSL from
>the beginning

That was my thought, too. Or OAUTH, app-specific(?) passwords, 2-factor
authentication?

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.