Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 03:52:49PM +0200, Julian Scheid wrote:

It works basically by wrapping calls to libxslt using JNI. Unfortunately,
libxslt is not thread safe (reentrant), doesn't allow binding user
values to all internal data structures and doesn't provide callback hooks
for all events IIRC - this makes the whole thing kind of hackish.

Sorry, I was much too fast when writing this. Please let me double- emphasize "IIRC" in above quote and let me clarify:

In libxml2 you can bind values to user structures, see the _private fied,

I remember using the _private field, but I still encountered a number of problems which you however summed up better than I did when you say in your other recent message:

  Okay, I understand that plugging libxml2 in in Java APIs might not be
trivial (API divergence at high level, ref counting)

That's how I should have put it in the first place: the libxslt API is vastly different from the JAXP API and that's why I had to go lengths at times, not because of a shortcoming in your library. Sorry for inadvertently suggesting that there would be an inherent problem with it.

By the way, I've used libxslt/libxml2 a lot and it never failed me.
Thanks for this useful software!

Regards

Julian