Hello everyone

I installed the binaries from
www.kaffe.org/ftp/pub/kaffe/binaries/linux/kaffe-1.0.5-6.mips.rpm on my
pda.

The kerenl is:
# uname -a
Linux (none) 2.4.0-test1-ac22 #12 Thu Oct 4 15:59:00 PDT 2001 mips unknown

I took out the stuff in /usr/bin/kaffe that busybox doesn't support (sed and
a few others) and added some debugging info to make sure I didn't screw up
the CLASSPATH et al.

I'm trying to execute /usr/share/kaffe/Test.class which was compiled
with jikes v1.12 on a i586 running RedHat 7.0 kernel 2.2.16-22

# ls /usr/share/kaffe
comm.jar
kjc.jar
Klasses.jar
microsoft.jar
pjava.jar
rmi.jar
servlet.jar
tools.jar
Test.class

# pwd
/
# kaffe Test
KAFFEHOME =/usr
building classpath
adding .
adding /usr/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar
adding /usr/share/kaffe/comm.jar
adding /usr/share/kaffe/pjava.jar
adding  /usr/share/kaffe/servlet.jar
adding  /usr/share/kaffe/tools.jar
adding  /usr/share/kaffe/microsoft.jar
adding  /usr/share/kaffe/kjc.jar
adding  /usr/share/kaffe/rmi.jar
KAFFELIBRARYPATH =  /usr/lib:/usr/lib/kaffe
LD_LIBRARY_PATH =  /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/kaffe
PATH =  /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/lib
/usr/lib/kaffe/bin/Kaffe Test

Couldn't find or load essential class `java/lang/Object'
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError java/lang/Object

I unzip -l Klasses.jar and see the Object.class is present.  When I run
kaffe Test on the i586 with the jar's that go on the pda, I get the correct
output.  I've attached Test.java just in case anyone wants to take a look.

After ruling out the simple stuff, I think the problem might be caused by a
library that can't read the jar files.  Is that even a possibility?

Which library handles reading .jar files?  Is it libz or libzip?  Does
anyone know which version is the correct one for mipsel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

import java.util.*;

public class Test {

    public static void main ( String [] args) {
        new Test();

    }

    public Test () {
      System.out.println("in Test constructor");
    }
}