On 01/23/2016 12:00 AM, Alessandro Molina wrote:
For this reason TurboGears2 might be a good option for Kallithea future

Some of the core developers met right before Fosdem and discussed this too ( https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/DeveloperMeeting2016January ).

We agree that it seems like a very good match. TurboGears seems like the best way forward for Kallithea. Thanks for proposing it. We have put it on the roadmap ( https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/Home ) and encourage everybody to work on making that happen.

We want TG ... but we also don't want to be left with our development branch with neither Pylons nor TurboGears working. We can do preparatory work on the main branch but would like to see a fully working TG port on a dev branch before we switch.

I expect further experiments on the kallithea-tg branch to show how we could change and refactor Kallithea to make a switch to TG easier. Such changes should be upstreamed on the main Kallithea development branch ASAP while still using Pylons. The first goal for Kallithea on TG should be to towards making a minimal (and thus optimally reviewable) PR for switching from Pylons to TG. Later we can remove compatibility hacks and really start utilizing TG.

/Mads