On 12/24/19 7:49 AM, Ed Wong wrote:
Hi,

Just managed to work around the database unicode issue and
could both clone and push via the ssh:// url; however,
pushing to a git repository gave me the following 'error':

Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Traceback (most recent call last):
remote:   File "hooks/post-receive", line 38, in <module>
remote:     main()
remote:   File "hooks/post-receive", line 34, in main
remote:
sys.exit(kallithea.lib.hooks.handle_git_post_receive(repo_path,
git_stdin_lines))
remote:   File
"/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/hooks.py",
line 343, in handle_git_post_receive
remote:     baseui, repo = _hook_environment(repo_path)
remote:   File
"/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/hooks.py",
line 310, in _hook_environment
remote:     extras = get_hook_environment()
remote:   File
"/var/www/environments/kalivenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kallithea/lib/utils2.py",
line 538, in get_hook_environment
remote:     raise Exception("Environment variable KALLITHEA_EXTRAS not
found")
remote: Exception: Environment variable KALLITHEA_EXTRAS not found
To seavcs:repos/infrastructure/testgit2
    887eb3c..19b77cd  master -> master

Apparently, it did save the push.

I've looked at the documentation; but haven't yet seen the mention
of the KALLITHEA_EXTRAS requirement.  Looking at the code,
I'm not exactly sure what fields are required in the json
structure.

KALLITHEA_EXTRAS is used internally. The user invokes "kallithea-cli ssh-serve" when connecting through ssh, and that sets this environment variable before calling out to the git executable ... and when git invoke the hooks and call back into Kallithea code in a grand-child process, it can read the environment variable and report correctly who is doing what.

It seems like you somehow end up invoking git directly when you ssh, instead of hitting the kallithea-cli that should have been installed in your ~/.ssh/authorized_keys ?

I guess we should make the hooks handle a missing KALLITHEA_EXTRAS in a more elegant way ...

/Mads