On 8/13/20 9:24 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
"MK" == Mads Kiilerich <m...@kiilerich.com> writes:
    > On 8/13/20 8:53 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
    >>> I suggest creating /srv/kallithea as root, and chown it to the
    >>> kallithea user. (I am trying to tweak the documentation based on your
    >>> input and already had some draft changes to this.)
    >> Good, at least something useful will come out from my intents. ;-)
    >>

    >> When you say kallithea user, do you mean me, or do you mean that I shall
    >> create a user (and group) named kallithea?

It seems possible to install python 3.6/3.7/3.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.

I'd say newer is better, but maybe this is not true, any
recommendations?

They should all work fine. 3.8 is quite mature now. 3.6 might get less testing these days and might start bitrotting.

These days I usually use a 3.9 rc for development and testing.

/Mads