We landed the fix as https://kallithea-scm.org/repos/kallithea/changeset/f950740985f47ea09ef3361fa56b3d7581429156

Thanks,
Mads

On 12/15/20 4:10 PM, Brett Smith wrote:
On 12/14/20 5:15 PM, Mads Kiilerich wrote:
Ouch, yeah, .splitlines() is confusingly different from .split('\n') . Thanks for the patch.

Would it perhaps be better to just use .split instead of .splitlines()?

Your call but on balance I do think splitlines is better. It splits on all kinds of Unicode line separators <https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#str.splitlines>, not just \n, and I think that's good when you're dealing with very arbitrary user text like this.

But since the commit message text is shown as a link, would it perhaps be even better to avoid the void and show a text like "(No commit message)"?

I think that would be nice. It wasn't in my patch because I wasn't sure what all was involved with adding a new message string to the code, but if you can make it happen I think it would be worth it.

In general I didn't think my patch was thorough enough to apply directly to the code. I sent it just to communicate exactly where I found the bug.

Thanks,

--
Brett Smith