Plastic is a killer. lets avoid it
(avoid goods packaged in lot of plastic)

regards
Guru

91% of plastic isn’t recycled, new study finds
By  Alexandra Jacobo -
July 24, 2017 | News Report

A team of scientists set out to conduct the first study of how much plastic
has been produced, discarded, burned or put in landfills, and the results
are horrifying.

Mass production of plastics has resulted in 8.3 billion metric tons of
plastic, most of it ending up in the trash and, due to it taking 400 years
to degrade, the environment. Half of that amount has been made since 2004.

The study, published Wednesday in Science Advances, began two years ago,
around the time that scientists began to predict that by 2050 there will be
more plastic in the oceans than fish. It is the first global analysis of
all plastics ever made.

Some quick facts that the study discovered:

    Of the 8.3 billion metric tons that have been released, 6.3 billion
metric ons has become plastic water.
    Only 9% of the 6.3 billion metric tons of plastic waste has been
recycled.
    79% of plastic waste is accumulating in landfills or is in the
environment as litter.
    If current trends continue, by 2050, 12 billion metric tons of plastic
will be in landfills. The is equivalent to 35,000 times heavier than the
Empire State Building.
    China alone accounts for 28% of global resin and 68% of polyester
polyamide and acrylic fibers.
    *The rate of plastic manufacturing has double roughly every 15 years.*
    Half of all plastic manufactured becomes trash in less than a year.
    Much of the growth in plastic production is due to plastic packaging,
which accounts for more than 40% of non-fiber plastic.
    Recycling in the U.S. hovers around 9%, well below Europe (30%) and
China (25%).
    As the study’s lead author, Roland Geyer, states, “You can’t manage
what you don’t measure. It’s not just that we make a lot, it’s that we also
make more, year after year.”

Geyer says in order to gain control of plastic waste, “We as a society need
to consider whether it’s worth trading off some convenience for a clean,
healthy environment. For some products that are very problematic in the
environment, maybe we think about using different materials. Or phasing
them out.”

source -
http://nationofchange.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d8c536d78fef3dd6b12305a66&id=59b141e1b6&e=2cb78eb108

IT for Change, Bengaluru
www.ITforChange.net

--
1.ವಿಷಯ ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರ ವೇದಿಕೆಗೆ  ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರನ್ನು ಸೇರಿಸಲು ಈ  ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ತುಂಬಿರಿ.

-https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevqRdFngjbDtOF8YxgeXeL8xF62rdXuLpGJIhK6qzMaJ_Dcw/viewform
2. ಇಮೇಲ್ ಕಳುಹಿಸುವಾಗ ಗಮನಿಸಬೇಕಾದ ಕೆಲವು ಮಾರ್ಗಸೂಚಿಗಳನ್ನು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ನೋಡಿ.
-http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/index.php/ವಿಷಯಶಿಕ್ಷಕರವೇದಿಕೆ_ಸದಸ್ಯರ_ಇಮೇಲ್_ಮಾರ್ಗಸೂಚಿ
3. ಐ.ಸಿ.ಟಿ ಸಾಕ್ಷರತೆ ಬಗೆಗೆ ಯಾವುದೇ ರೀತಿಯ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆಗಳಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ ಈ ಪುಟಕ್ಕೆ ಭೇಟಿ ನೀಡಿ -
http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Portal:ICT_Literacy
4.ನೀವು ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ತಂತ್ರಾಂಶ ಬಳಸುತ್ತಿದ್ದೀರಾ ? ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ತಂತ್ರಾಂಶದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ತಿಳಿಯಲು
-http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Public_Software