A quick search at google yielded many sites.  You will
probably want to refine the search to not include the
documentation pages.  Since you don't want the
Programming Perl book answer I assume you aren't
interested in the documentation that comes with Perl,
although it is an excellent resource.  I assume you
want more of a tutorial.  I hope I haven't made the
classic assumption mistake.  Anyway, here is one place
to start:

I just did a quick glance at the article and it looks
decent.
Mark Jason Dominus also has many good tutorials on
Perl.  His stuff is at perl.plover.com.

Last but not least just ask on the list and we will
see what we can help with.

timm

--- "Douglas S. Sparling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>