I'm trying to use select() after a base_target() statement.  Does
select() behave differently in this case ?
I'm getting the following error message:
...local object names must not contain '/' at 'arch/ppc/boot/common/dummy.o'

My Makefile.in looks like:

base_target(zvmlinux)
select(image.o)
select(/arch/ppc/boot/common/dummy.o) # The original Makefile references
../common/dummy.o

Is there anything wrong with the above statement.  I'm still not sure
how to use select() for the base_target.  Does this list all objects
that are to be compiled into the base_target ?  What about libs, etc ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.