On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:34:09AM +0100, Stefan Bergler wrote:
> I tried to selelct / compile the ide part as module within the kernel,
> with only CD-Rom support. 'make all' worked fine.

Building IDE as a module has been known broken for some time now.
It should be OK in 2.6.2-rc1, Bartomlej (the IDE maintainer) has put some
effort in it the last week.

> Note:
> I tried to contact Michael Elizabeth Chastain, as listed in Maintainers,
> but looks as if he is no longer maintining it.

This list, and Michael in the past, are focussing on kbuild, the
kernel build system. What you see is a specific IDE issue which
shall be addresses to the maintainer for that part.

Today Kai Germaschewski and I are kbuild maintainers, which is
also listed in 2.6.2-rc1 MAINTAINERS.

        Sam