On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:39:56PM -0000, Ross C Mcilroy wrote:

> The dependancies between these files and the created object files were
> handled using the
> VPATH variable in the previous makefile, however this doesn't seem to work
> with the
> 2.6 kernel (I assume because VPATH is already defined in the root kernel
> makefile).
> The linux kernel module make therefore doesn't find the required source files.
> Is this possible with the new external module build process?

kbuild does not support storing output files in a separate directory for
external modules so the answer is no.

The request has been few - and the solution has not been obvoius. So
there is niether plan to add this to kbuild. But if someone can come
with a nice minimal patch it will be considered.

        Sam