https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=514788

Takashi <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #4 from Takashi <[email protected]> ---
I investigated this issue and found what appears to be the cause in
`extension-mpris.js`.

In the `mpris/metadata` callback, `fetchPlayerArtwork()` is called with
`payload`, although the metadata object is stored in `payload.metadata`.

The current code is:

payload.pendingArtwork = fetchPlayerArtwork(payload, "", "", "");

I changed it to:

payload.pendingArtwork = fetchPlayerArtwork(payload.metadata, "", "", "");

I tested this change with Chrome and YouTube Music on Plasma 6.7.4.

Before the change, after switching tracks, the metadata (title, artist, album,
etc.) was updated but `mpris:artUrl` was missing. Pausing and resuming playback
caused the artwork to appear again.

After the change, `mpris:artUrl` is present immediately after switching tracks,
without pausing or resuming playback.

So this change appears to fix the issue for me.

I have not tested this with other browser/media services yet, but I thought
this might be useful information for investigating this bug.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to