https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525304

--- Comment #8 from Krzysztof Łastowski <[email protected]> ---
Thanks for the encouragement, Nate — I appreciate it! I should clarify though:
I'm not a C++/Qt developer, so I won't be able to write and submit the patch
myself. I opened this report because I hit a concrete problem I needed to
solve, not because I was hunting for bugs to fix, and I don't want to hold this
up waiting on me.

I'll leave the diagnosis in comment #6 as a starting point for anyone who wants
to pick it up — the root cause (immediate ::exit(-1) on failed D-Bus service
registration, likely a TOCTOU race) seems well enough identified that it should
be a fairly approachable fix for someone familiar with the codebase. If someone
does write a patch, I'm happy to test it against my setup since I can reliably
reproduce the issue.

For what it's worth, the symlink-clobbering side effect (bug 525445) now has a
workaround on the NixOS/home-manager side: nix-community/home-manager#9920
forces overwrite of its own generated fontconfig files, so at least that
consequence is no longer blocking anyone using that tool.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to