https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502405

amilias <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #2 from amilias <[email protected]> ---
I've just learned about this feature, because never in the world would I have
expected dragging a file into the view to have this effect. As mentioned in the
initial report as a user I'd have thought this to trigger a file operation.

Although, instead of allowing to drag the file into the name field, I'd suggest
a wholly different approach: an overlay over the whole picker dialog, as soon
as the user drags a file into it. This way you could even signal to the user
via a short text what is going to happen and all confusion would be eliminated. 
The only other possible action when dragging a file currently is to add it to
the places panel, which seems more like a side effect of reusing widgets than
something people would actually do in a file picker, but the overlay could also
just span the main content area of the dialog to keep this functionality.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to