https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524629

sohil moahmed <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #3 from sohil moahmed <[email protected]> ---
I know I'm quite late to this, but I'm interested in working on this issue even
though it is currently considered difficult/impossible.

I read the discussion about extracting the subtitle text, particularly the
approach mentioned by [Isaac Tzab](https://invent.kde.org/isaactzab), and I was
thinking about exploring the same direction.

As I understand it, the current subtitle rendering path is different from the
normal text-clip/object rendering path, which makes applying a typewriter-style
animation directly to subtitles difficult. Instead of trying to modify the
existing subtitle renderer to support the effect, perhaps we could extract/use
the subtitle text and create a normal text object/clip from it, while
preserving the subtitle's timing and other relevant properties.

The normal text object could then be used for the typewriter effect, if the
required functionality is already available. If it isn't, I would also
investigate adding the necessary functionality there.

I'm still investigating the Kdenlive/MLT architecture, so I may be
misunderstanding part of the current implementation, but I'd like to explore
whether this approach could work as a workaround for the current subtitle
rendering limitations.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to