https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525923
Bug ID: 525923
Summary: Everything is messed up
Classification: Plasma
Product: kwin
Version First unspecified
Reported In:
Platform: Arch Linux
OS: Linux
Status: REPORTED
Severity: critical
Priority: NOR
Component: wayland-generic
Assignee: [email protected]
Reporter: [email protected]
Target Milestone: ---
***
If you're not sure this is actually a bug or valid feature request, instead
post about it at https://discuss.kde.org
If you're reporting a crash, attach a backtrace with debug symbols; see
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports
Do not paste LLM output.
Please remove this comment after reading and before submitting - thanks!
***
DESCRIPTION
I was using KDE as normal. But suddenly, plasma started just showing black
screen and not reacting to anything (Key presses, mouse movements,
Ctrl+Alt+F3). Only restart helped. Problem was in nvidia drivers, but after
fixing the problem, kde started to act werid:
1. My all desktop icons are in random order on my second monitor and I cant
click them. But I can click where was theirs original position, fix was to
restart plasma: killall -9 plasmashell && kstart plasmashell &. But this bug
occures every restart and now executing killall -9 plasmashell && kstart
plasmashell &. Just breaks KDE, it starts to say "Sleep and screen blocking
disabled" and system becomes unusable.
2. When I am restarting plasma through killall -9 plasmashell && kstart
plasmashell &. Everything goes black, interface bugs out and its impossible to
use KDE in that state. It also switches to that state when I am reconnecting my
main monitor
3. When I am waiting 20 minutes for my system to lock, instead of sddm I see
black screen. Entering my password and pressing enter works.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Log in
2. Restart plasma
3. Connect/Disconnect my monitor
OBSERVED RESULT
Very werid visual bugs started to happen and system freaks out.
EXPECTED RESULT
Everything to work as normal (no visual bugs and no icons problem)
SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Operating System (available in the Info Center app, or by running `kinfo` in a
terminal window): Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Kernel Version: 7.2.4-arch1-2 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 16 GiB of RAM (15.6 GiB usable)
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/1wftow8/werid_kde_and_sddm_behaviour_on_wayland/
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.