https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525983

            Bug ID: 525983
           Summary: krunner spams journald with thousands of lines per
                    second
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: krunner
      Version First 6.7.5
       Reported In:
          Platform: Arch Linux
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: general
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
                CC: [email protected], [email protected]
  Target Milestone: ---

DESCRIPTION

When you put 63 or more characters into krunner's search box, the systemd
journal is flooded with copies of

krunner[37410]: Pattern is too long for bitap algorithm, max length is 63

In testing, I've managed to get over 18400 of those messages in *one second*.

I often use KRunner as a temporary clipboard to store some text, and keymash
into it in general. Last time I was cleaning my journal, I was surprised
(horrified, even) when I saw that 5461077 out of 5587459, or 97.74% of the
lines in my 2.2GiB journal was this exact line, produced by KRunner.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open `journalctl -f` in a journal window
2. Keymash into krunner until the contents is 63 or more characters long

OBSERVED RESULT

journal is flooded with messages

EXPECTED RESULT

no log message flood

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Operating System: Arch Linux, linux 7.2.6.arch2-1
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to