https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526283

            Bug ID: 526283
           Summary: Laptop screens keep waking even with the lid closed
                    and after disabling it with kscreen-doctor commands
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: KScreen
      Version First 6.7.5
       Reported In:
          Platform: NixOS
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: NOR
         Component: common
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: ---

DESCRIPTION
I use acipd to automatically turn off the laptop lid with `kscreen-doctor` but
whenever I press any key the display turns back on. I very slightly opened the
lid to check before and after pressing a key. the `kscreen-doctor` command
works shown in `journalctl -fxeu acpid` to disable the screen.

I asked for help here with no luck: 
- https://discuss.kde.org/t/clamshell-mode-not-working-for-me/50420
- https://discourse.nixos.org/t/clamshell-mode-not-working-for-me/80256/

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Use this nixos configuration: 
```
  services.logind.settings.Login = {
    enable = true;
    HandleLidSwitch = "ignore";
    HandleLidSwitchExternalPower = "ignore";
    # If you use a dock or external monitor regularly:
    HandleLidSwitchDocked = "ignore";
    LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited = "no";
  };

  services.acpid = {
    enable = true;
    handlers.lid = {
      event = "button/lid.";
      action = ''
        if grep -q closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/*/state; then
        XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000 WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0
${pkgs.kdePackages.libkscreen}/bin/kscreen-doctor output.eDP-1.disable
        else
         XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1000 WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0
${pkgs.kdePackages.libkscreen}/bin/kscreen-doctor output.eDP-1.enable
        fi
      '';
    };
```
2. Close the laptop lid while its connected to a monitor and keyboard.
3. Pressing any keyboard key makes the laptop display turn on.

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS

Operating System: NixOS 26.11
KDE Plasma Version: 6.7.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.30.0
Qt Version: 6.11.2

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Kernel Version: 7.2.7 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Manufacturer: LENOVO
Product Name: 21NS0012US
System Version: ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 13

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to