https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526304

            Bug ID: 526304
           Summary: Add option to lock manual sorting unless a modifier is
                    held down
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: plasmashell
      Version First master
       Reported In:
          Platform: Other
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Severity: wishlist
          Priority: NOR
         Component: Task Manager and Icons-Only Task Manager widgets
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
                CC: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: 1.0

DESCRIPTION
I like sorting my windows manually, but more often than I'd like to admit I
accidentally move them around even though I just tried to quickly single click
to change the active one. This might actually be a dragging bug, but I can't
reproduce this at will since dragging windows actually does have quite a big
threshold, so it doesn't seem like it should be possible.
Instead of trying to debug what might as well be user error, I would like to
suggest adding the option to only enable drag&drop sorting when an assignable
modifier key is held down, which would make sorting a very deliberate option
and eliminate sorting accidents.

This could help with solving the following issue:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502465

and is an alternative suggestion to this one, which would add UI elements which
some people (me) would find undesirable:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=511822

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to