https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=433619

[email protected] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]

--- Comment #16 from [email protected] ---
Hi, I Did some investigation into the issue.
I think the bug is technically in Kate. The document preview plugin does not
provide the path of the file to markdownpart to set as the base path for
QTextDocument. It gives it the file contents via
`KParts::ReadOnlyPart::openStream` by default, and via
`KParts::ReadOnlyPart::openUrl` as a fallback if that fails. In the first case
the URL is something like `ktexteditorpreview:/object/561cabc1dfd0`, in the
second case it's something like `file:///tmp/kate-preview-LUlmUw.md`. This
behavior makes sense because otherwise you would have to save the file before
any preview appears, which would be annoying. I'm still new to the KDE
ecosystem so I don't know how this could be mitigated given the limitations of
KParts.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to