https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=492506

Nicolai Weitkemper <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]
                   |                            |m

--- Comment #33 from Nicolai Weitkemper <[email protected]> ---
I suspect I hit the same issue on 2026-09-28, and thus support reopening this
report.

███ The following summary is mostly generated by GPT-6 Sol; I want to be
maximally transparent about this and hope it contains relevant information. ███

My Wayland desktop froze and stopped accepting input, including Ctrl+Alt+Fn,
while SSH continued to work. KWin's main thread consumed approximately one CPU
core, and its D-Bus supportInformation call timed out. The selected task
switcher was Sidebar (`[TabBox] LayoutName=sidebar`).

I captured a live all-thread trace with eu-stack. The main thread was in this
path (caller → callee):

`TabBoxHandlerPrivate::show()` → QML binding update →
`KWin::QPA::Window::map()` → expose/render →
`QQuickWindowPrivate::polishItems()` → `QQuickLayout::updatePolish()` →
implicit-size changes / layout rearrangement →
`QGridLayoutEngine::setGeometries()` → label resizing /
`QQuickTextPrivate::setupTextLayout()`.

This looks consistent with the non-converging layout cycle in comment 32. The
DRM commit thread and Mesa worker threads were waiting in the captured trace. I
do not have a reliable reproducer or proof of which sizing binding triggers the
loop.

Environment:

- NixOS, Wayland session, Intel graphics using i915 (Lenovo 21QDS60T00).
- Running kernel at the time: 6.18.52.
- The installed KWin systemd unit pointed to KWin 6.7.5 (version at the time of
the crash is not 100% clear due to occasional use of `nixos-rebuild test`)
- The installed Sidebar QML contained the earlier MR !663 changes. The exact
QML loaded by the already-running process was not verified.

I have saved the full thread trace, relevant journals, and the installed
Sidebar QML, and will happily attach them or provide more details if useful.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to