https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526272

Ron <[email protected]> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |[email protected]
                   |                            |z.net

--- Comment #3 from Ron <[email protected]> ---
I think I'd like to see input from Massimo before deciding anything here ...

But I think the key point isn't that they are "audio and video from the same
source clip", it's that they are *grouped* in the timeline, and the grouping
should be preserved and moved as a unit, whether that is the automatic grouping
that comes from a multi-track clip or some more complex manual grouping the
user has created.

And we do preserve the grouping if you ripple the edge of a group, it's only if
you ripple a neighbour that isn't also covering all the groups tracks that we
ignore the grouping.

If we change this to behave how Camille expected, you can always get the
existing behaviour by explicitly breaking the group yourself.  To get that with
what we have now, you'd have to add a dummy audio clip to the colour clip and
group them before rippling (or use markers to realign them again later), but
with more complex grouping that starts to get intractable (and I haven't
checked how this plays with nested sequences).  So preserving the grouping by
default seems like the more powerful and intuitive behaviour to me, regardless
of what other editors do.  But I still would like input before Massimo before
I'd die on that hill :)

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to