https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526537

            Bug ID: 526537
           Summary: plasmashell crash during USB drive insert, hovers,
                    notifications
    Classification: Plasma
           Product: plasmashell
      Version First 6.7.5
       Reported In:
          Platform: Kubuntu
                OS: Linux
            Status: REPORTED
          Keywords: drkonqi
          Severity: crash
          Priority: NOR
         Component: generic-crash
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]
  Target Milestone: 1.0

Application: plasmashell (6.7.5)

ApplicationNotResponding [ANR]: false
Qt Version: 6.11.2
Frameworks Version: 6.29.0
Operating System: Linux 7.3.0-6-generic x86_64
Windowing System: Wayland
Distribution: Ubuntu Stonking Stingray (development branch)
DrKonqi: 6.7.5 [CoredumpBackend]

-- Information about the crash:
This crash happened during inserting and removing of USB pendrive(s). I have
also seen plasmashell crashes when just clicking on icons or even just be
hovering or when notifications shows. It feels very random when it occurs.

Most of the time, there's no signs of logging in the journal at all, but now it
created something. The system otherwise function, I can access everything
behind shortcuts and already running applications. It's not a system freeze,
but a plasmashell freeze. 

Usually I need to kill plasmashell and relaunch it for it to start (I've waited
several hours earlier to check if it eventually would create or restart itself,
but it didn't).

I can't recall exactly when these problems appeared first time, but I wonder if
it might have been since Kubuntu 25.10 release (with KDE backport PPA).

The crash can be reproduced sometimes.

-- Backtrace (Reduced):
#6  0x00007656bb1fd7d8 in doActivate<false> (sender=0x614323eb6700,
signal_index=4, argv=0x7ffe32064550) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qobject.cpp:4273
[...]
#8  MessageInfo::blockingAppsReady (this=<optimized out>, _t1=...) at
/usr/src/plasma-workspace-4:6.7.5-0ubuntu1/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/applets/devicenotifier/org.kde.plasma.devicenotifier_autogen/include/moc_messageinfo.cpp:157
#9  operator() (__closure=0x6143250f82e0) at
/usr/src/plasma-workspace-4:6.7.5-0ubuntu1/applets/devicenotifier/messageinfo.cpp:64
#10 0x00007656bb1fdb85 in QtPrivate::QSlotObjectBase::call (this=<optimized
out>, r=<optimized out>, a=<optimized out>, this=<optimized out>, r=<optimized
out>, a=<optimized out>) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qobjectdefs_impl.h:462
#11 doActivate<false> (sender=0x61432424c7e0, signal_index=<optimized out>,
argv=<optimized out>) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qobject.cpp:4393
[...]
#13 QProcess::finished (this=<optimized out>, _t1=<optimized out>,
_t2=<optimized out>) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/corelib/Core_autogen/include/moc_qprocess.cpp:242
#14 0x00007656bb1fdb85 in QtPrivate::QSlotObjectBase::call (this=<optimized
out>, r=<optimized out>, a=<optimized out>, this=<optimized out>, r=<optimized
out>, a=<optimized out>) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qobjectdefs_impl.h:462
#15 doActivate<false> (sender=0x6143283165d0, signal_index=<optimized out>,
argv=<optimized out>) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qobject.cpp:4393
[...]
#17 QSocketNotifier::activated (this=<optimized out>, _t1=..., _t2=<optimized
out>, _t3=...) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/corelib/Core_autogen/include/moc_qsocketnotifier.cpp:161
#18 0x00007656bb208a00 in QSocketNotifier::event (this=0x6143283165d0,
e=<optimized out>) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qsocketnotifier.cpp:325
#19 0x00007656bd59ff1f in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper (this=<optimized
out>, receiver=0x6143283165d0, e=0x7ffe32064900) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/widgets/kernel/qapplication.cpp:3273
#20 0x00007656bb19d5b8 in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2
(receiver=0x6143283165d0, event=0x7ffe32064900) at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp:1126
#21 0x00007656bb438531 in socketNotifierSourceDispatch (source=0x614321ff2030)
at
/usr/src/qt6-base-6.11.2+dfsg-4ubuntu2/src/corelib/kernel/qeventdispatcher_glib.cpp:78
#22 0x00007656b9bd0f23 in g_main_dispatch (context=0x7656ac001320) at
../../../glib/gmain.c:3734
#23 0x00007656b9bd9618 in g_main_context_dispatch_unlocked
(context=0x7656ac001320) at ../../../glib/gmain.c:4603
#24 g_main_context_iterate_unlocked (context=context@entry=0x7656ac001320,
block=block@entry=1, dispatch=dispatch@entry=1, self=<optimized out>) at
../../../glib/gmain.c:4672


Reported using DrKonqi

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to