https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526411

--- Comment #7 from Björn Bengtsson <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to cwo from comment #6)
> The MacBooks are configured as AirPlay receivers, and Fedora ships with
> support for this by default through Pipewire.
> 
> Plasma is just reporting PipeWire status updates.
> 
> If you don't want to see AirPlay devices, disable it in PipeWire:
> 
> https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/airplay-audio-outputs-discovery-
> enabled-by-default
> 
> or uninstall the package that provides support for this: 
> 
> sudo dnf remove pipewire-config-raop
> 
> It would be nice to have a graphical setting for this, which is being
> tracked in bug 523215.

This is one of the craziest things I've experienced in the world of computers,
and I honestly feel disgusted by it. Why should I have to suffer and take
actions because Mac-users pollute the air around us? Urgh...

Anyways, the solution in the linked discussion seems to have solved the issue,
so thank you very much for that!

I created the file `/etc/pipewire/pipewire.conf.d/noraop.conf` and put the
following content inside:

```
context.properties = {
        module.raop = false
}
```

Then rebooted. I haven't seen any notifications since.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to