https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364809

--- Comment #15 from ralf...@gmx.de ---
Indeed.

% unsetenv LC_ALL
% locale
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=POSIX
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
% okular doc.pdf
[prints ok]

% setenv LC_ALL C
% okular doc.pdf
[error printing]

I had set LC_ALL to C due to i18n issues in other programs. I can work around
this via a wrapper script to okular unsetting LC_ALL.

It seems somewhat unfortunate that there is no feedback at all when the
printing  fails, but that's life I suppose.  

As someone else mentioned, I really don't care what the print job name is, and
I find it somewhat unfortunate to make it depend on some random stuff in the
document.  I hope this does not open up new code injection paths, like setting
the job name inside the document to ';rm -rf /'.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to