Bug ID: 390476
Summary: Muon rebuilds search index very often and inefficient
Target Milestone: ---
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Muon on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and launch it
2. Click "Check for updates"
3. Wait for "Rebuilding Search Index" to finish
4. After some time open Muon again (without 'apt-get update', 'aptitude
5. Get 'Rebuilding search index' message with background process
/usr/sbin/update-apt-xapian-index and high CPU load and high temperature as the
Muon runs update-apt-xapian-index only when it's really needed. Muon allows
user to search packages instantly after launch.
Muon rebuilds search index very often and inefficient. Muon does not allow user
to search packages instantly after launch.
This bug is very similar to the Synaptic one (see
It is caused by problems in apt-xapian-index (mainly
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.